Monday, March 28, 2011

Just placed my order!

Here's a little about me.  I'm turning 29 this summer and that means i'm 1 year away from the big 3-0!!!  I dont mind turning 30, i'm actually looking forward to it.  I think it'll be the best years of my life!  BUT, I also want to be in the best shape of my life!  About a year ago I noticed my body starting to change.  Granted, I've never been a twig.  I've always had curves and thanks to horseback riding, i've been blessed with thighs and an ass!  But, I've never had to do much to maintain my weight.  I've always worked out a little, eaten decently, but would never turn down the pizza or a bowl of icecream.  I've been blessed never to carry or gain weight around my stomach... until the past year.  Thats where I see the changes.  My stomach is still flat (thank goodness!) but I can see it starting to hold more fat than ever before.  I can see my arms getting a little bigger.  My pants don't seem to fit quite as well, even though i'm now working out almost daily and eating better than I probably have in my entire life!  SO FRUSTRATING! 
So, i obviously need to change something.  I need to give my body the kick start it needs to make the changes I want to see.  As of right now I work out in the gym most mornings, usually on the eliptical, and on the weekends we might go hiking with the family. For breakfast I have my coffee, fruit, and/or a hard boiled egg.  Lunch is almost always a salad.  At night I do try to have a normal dinner, b/c I do have a husband and 6 yr old daughter that need to eat too! 
I was at the gym the other morning and the infomercial for Insanity came on and somethign clicked.  I was like, thats it, thats the program I need!!!  I am terrifed of it but really excited to start.  I decided to make this blog and will include pictures of my progress to really hold me accountable. 
I will post pictures weekly and do measurements as well.  Not sure if I want to weigh myself.. b/c I might get depressed if I see that number going UP.
So follow along or join in!!  I'd love to meet people going on the same journey I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment